Monday, August 18, 2008

Whatchu Lookin At?

Driving in to work today, I had an interesting encounter with a bus driver.

Picture this:

Me...[looking fabulous]...driving down 7th Street, heading for the 605 Freeway while singing along to Moloko's "Sing it Back" [and I was singing it back to Ms. Roisin Murphy]...and that's about the time I started to get a creepy feeling...like I was being watched.

Sure enough...when I looked to my right, I saw this bus driver looking at me, with a sour look on his face and shaking his head at me...in disgust.

Huh?....What was that all about?!

Just as I was about to show him what my middle finger looks like, he made a right-hand turn.

I spent the remainder of the drive in to work obsessing over what caused the bus driver to look at me like that.

--- Was it my singing? [couldn't be...the windows were rolled up]...
--- Was it my finger snapping/chicken neck bopping? [possibly, but I was being discreet]...
--- Was it the hole in my sock? [no, that's just ridiculous]...
--- Did he hear/smell my fart(s)? [no, again, the windows were rolled up]...
--- Was he jealous of my kick-ass side burns? [most likely].

Hmmm....the mystery continues, but for now, I'm claiming mistaken identity.



...

15 comments:

H. Alan Scott said...

:-) This weekend somebody cut me off in the parking lot, like I was pulling out and they just swerved around me, instead of waiting for me to pull out and drive away. I don't know why but this really frustrated me, I had the urge to drive up behind them and just start honking. Thankfully I didn't.

cb said...

Um, were you diva-ing out and doing the whole one-finger-in-air-neck-wobble thing??

Anthony said...

Maybe your side burns were blocking his view?

Anthony said...

Maybe your side burns were blocking his view?

Jonasy said...

I think CB could have a point

Romach said...

Well its pretty obvious! He was just of such a good looking sexy handsome stud!

Greg said...

he was just jealous of your moves

Christopher said...

Alan: Maybe they had a bad case of the shizzles and were racing home before they "lost control".

cb: You know me too well.

Anthony: Last week, I'd have said yes, as they were getting a little out of control...but today they're looking pretty damn good (if I don't mind saying so meself).

Romach: again you make me blush! xoxo

Greg: I know, huh!

Lewis said...

Your big bulge???

Christopher said...

Lewis: Bless you !

T Unit said...

Your lipgloss be poppin.

Romach said...

I meant to say 'he was just so jealous' ! Doh!

RAD said...

maybe he actualy was crusing you and you misread his look. Was he cute? :-)

Donnie v2.0 said...

I wouldn't worry about it too much - he was, after all, just a lousy bus driver.

Chris said...

Thank God I don't drive, as I would have had to make a right and follow him, just to get the satisfaction of calling him a stupid motherfucker.

And then speed off before I got arrested for assault.