Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 Years




Memory is a fickle beast.

It's funny, isn't it, how we can easily recall the most boring, ancient, or useless memories, but the ones that we never want to forget do become forgotten.

I have a terrible memory. It seems that as the years roll on by, time has a way of pushing memories deep into the back of my mind, and they are only brought back to life by some random trigger.

Yet, my mind holds onto the tragedy of 9/11, as if it happened only last week.

I can clearly recall the sights & sounds being shown (non-stop) on the TV, the overwhelming sense of patriotism I felt, the fear, the anger, but most of all, the disbelief.

My thoughts and hopes of peace go out to all those that lost loved ones seven years ago.


...

4 comments:

Mark in DE said...

I used to live only 3 miles from the Pentagon and also remember, with disbelief, fear, and horror, the events of 9/11.

Thinking of it again now makes me get choked up.

Mark :-)

J. David Zacko-Smith said...

It's still such a crazy thing . . . and so sad the Republicans are so shamelessly using it.

Hey - congrats on the new job. Cool, eh?

Romach said...

I cant believe how fast the time has sped by already. It seems like only yesterday I was sitting watching the horror of it all *hugs*

Greg said...

I remember watching it on TV then heading to work. The freeways were mostly empty, and here I had to exit by the airport. No one was around. No cars. No buses. No pedestrians. My office spent much of the day just letting people talk to us on the phone, get their heads a little clearer.