Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Can I Get a Woot Woot !

So after 3 months of holding my breath, I can finally breathe a sigh of Relief / Victory. I applied for a position within my company, that was posted on the intranet job board back in June...after 2 interviews & weeks and weeks of waiting, I was finally offered the position, yesterday afternoon.

I had given up hope when I found out that they had interviewed someone from Florida...they actually flew him out on a Friday, put him up in a hotel, gave him a rental car for the weekend, and then interviewed him on the following Monday...I did some snooping (he's got a very distinctive name) and found his profile on LinkedIn...I was blown away by what I read under his profile..he seemed like a perfect fit for the position...maybe even a little OVERqualified. I thought that the job was his for sure.

But it wasn't....who knows, maybe he just looks good on paper and really blew it during the interview.

Anyhoo, I start the new job on the 22nd and just can't wait until I get to say "Adios Suckers" to my current coworkers.

Time to pop some bottles!

28 comments:

Silly Billy said...

Wait...I thought you "blew it" in the interview????

Congrats my friend!

Christopher said...

Billy: I was willing to do whatever it took (just kidding Paul).

Steven said...

Only if you're paying...

Congrats, Chris.

Robert said...

Congratulations Chris!! Great job!! A long wait but well worth it in the end! I hope this isn't a parallel move.

Big Daddy said...

Kudos and Congrats!!

Leonardo D'Cato said...

congratulations!

A Lewis said...

May the best man win! And apparently, he did. I can't think of a better person to have something good happen to. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Congratulation...I completely understand the waiting game...its no fun at all...

Kris said...

Congratulations Chris!!! Rock onnnnn

StevieB said...

I guess all the cursing and misogynist slurs during the interview didn’t stop you from getting the job. Way to go!

cb said...

Congratulations?? I knew you were full of shit and would TOTALLY get it!

joe*to*hell said...

why didnt u post his link? we shoudl see him!

yay for u

Chris said...

"Do you have any questions about the position, Christopher?"

"Will this interfere with my blogging?"


Congratulations!

Shirley said...

wootwoot!
save some bolly for me!

Christopher said...

Thanks Everyone!

Stevie: I kept THAT personlity silent during the interview.

Joe: I almost posted the link to the guy's profile, but then I decided that there really is no need to get myself fired before I even start the new job.

Shirl: Sure thing Sweetie Darling!

Southern Boy said...

Congrats! I knew they'd pick you, mainly because I bribed them.
Merry Christmas!

Romach said...

Well slap me on my hairy butt and cal me sally! Hey buddy thats fecking fantastic, it really is. I am so happy for you! The position wnet to the best man in the end! YOU! Well done! If I was closer I would have taken you out for some bevys ;-)

RAD said...

woot woot! Congrats!

Michael Guy said...

Congrats on your new job!!!

Greg said...

Congratulations!

Doghigh said...

Congratulations!!! Let the champagne flow and puddle where it will...

Christopher said...

Southern Boy: Don't you mean "Murr Chrimuh"?

Romach: LMAO!!!

Mark in DE said...

CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!

Mark :-)

Christopher said...

I am so proud of you, Chris!

jason said...

Congrats!

franck said...

About bloody time!
And sorry for being a little late with this.
Congratulations!

T Unit said...

Congratulations!
I am so happy for you.

Jules said...

OH WOW, Topher!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Best of luck in the new position!!!