Thursday, October 2, 2008

Checking In

What a bizzay week it's been (work-wise) for me. I started the new job on Monday and I've been in so many meetings and have met so many new people (most of the name's have already escaped me) all week long...and it's only Thursday.

On top of the busy-ness, I'm still fighting a damn cold. By the time I get home, all I wanna do is change out of my work clothes and throw my half dead carcass onto the bed, and dream a little dream....but then the damn gut starts to whine that the chicken noodle soup at lunch (6 hours ago) just wasn't that filling.

On Tuesday, I went to my "farewell lunch" with my old work group....the ironic thing was that my NEW work group was at the same restaurant, having a farewell lunch for someone that's about to leave soon....I kept looking over at them during the meal, and really wanted to join them instead. I don't know if I've mentioned this here before, but I really loathe everyone in that group except for 2 people. It was such a phony department with people that loved to gossip more than they worked.

But all of that is behind me now...I absolutely love my new department. The work seems rewarding, the people are all cool (I need to update my wardrobe, cuz these folks really know how to dress.....and most of them are straight!) and do their own work without bugging each other all day...it is VERY quiet here....so much so that I feel bad whenever I cough....or swear out loud.

Well, gotta run...I've got another meeting in 10 minutes....seriously!

11 comments:

Big Daddy said...

I don't know how I could ever go back to working with a bunch of noisy peeps.

It's pretty me, my headphones, and the computer all day.

Enjoy the new position!

[Hee hee hee]

Big Daddy said...

I meant it's 'pretty MUCH me, my headphones...'

Ha ha ha.

Mark in DE said...

Glad to hear that you are liking the new job/work group! I know from Spouse's current situation how draining it can be when you're not happy at work.

BTW, what do you do?

Mark :-)

Christopher said...

Get better! I need you healthy for Universal Studios!

Romach said...

Hey handsome thats so good to hear. I hope the new job is everything you want it to be :-)

Chris said...

You should have picked up your plate and said, "Excuse me." and then walked over to the other table.

Feel better! And remember: People who gossip to you will gossip about you.

franck said...

Looking over to the new crowd and wishing you were with them is a VERY good sign :-)

cb said...

Just watch the farting on the new job, ok?

Silly Billy said...

Can't remember their names huh? I guess that dimentia is finally starting.

Btw - I am heading to Orange County (Irvine to be exact) for work next weekend...is that anywhere near you?

Jules said...

Really pleased to hear that it's going so well, Huni!! Love to see some pics of the new wardrobe when you get it!

Jim said...

I don't think you need any help getting dressed, but if you wanted to tour a mall sometime together...