Monday, October 27, 2008

The Power of Gay Repels You

This past Saturday, I attended a "Vote NO on Prop 8" rally, with my Boo and some friends....I was really surprised at the amount of people that showed up to the rally...I was fearing that it'd be only 7 of us standing on the corner, holding up home made signs...I was so wrong. The organizers did a great job of organizing, and I think they chose a great spot.

From what I observed: [people giving the thumbs up/thumbs down, honks of support, shouts of support/ignorance, and to even one guy (whom I presume was straight) hanging his entire body out of the passenger side of the car, enthusiastically shouting support] it appears that Bakersfield is about 50/50 on the issue.

There was only one small act of violence at the rally, and that involved me getting an egg thrown at by a sexually frustrated, inbred, redneck hag. Fear not, for my powers of deflection are strong & my reflexes are sharp...I was able to use the sign to block the egg from hitting me, as well as protecting my designer label ensemble (Old Navy's designer, right?).

If you look at the pic of my sign below, you can just make out the eggshell bits on the "NO".


...

6 comments:

Projekt R3volution said...

you cropped your handsome smile out of the pic! Shame on you! :)

A Lewis said...

Old Navy is DEFINITELY designer. What a waste of an egg.

Jim said...

Thanks for going to Bakersfield.

Thanks for being visible.

I am planning on standing on a street corner Monday and Tuesday (out of the state earlier) and was also planning on taking a change of clothes. So I guess my instincts were right.

Silly Billy said...

Ugh, you are a really good person for dealing with that. Hugs.

Alex said...

I like the tag of "some friends"

Mark in DE said...

Glad to read that you Californians are participating in this important fight that will have affects that reach far beyond CA.

Mark :-)