Friday, November 21, 2008

Don't Put Me Off; Cuz I'm on Fire !

...

Ever since Tuesday morning, I've been running fevers & dealing with an achy body. I ache all over....even my hair hurts. I'm pretty sure that this the beginning of a flu coming on, but usually I only have to deal with aches/fevers for a day, so I'm starting to get a little concerned. I was in training sessions all day Tuesday & Wednesday, which made dealing with the pain a real challenge. I called in sick yesterday and I stayed in bed all morning until 2:00 pm....I think that really helped.

I've been doing all the right things like drinking loads of water, eating soups/light meals, and really resting a lot. What's odd about the fevers is that only my face & neck heat up, the rest of my body is freezing at times. Strange, no?

So I felt ok enough this morning to make it in to work. I have a team project that needs to be finalized today, and I really don't want to be the one that holds it up. The aches are subsiding & the hot flashes are minimal too.

The thing that bothers me the most about being a sicky is that I had to use an actual sick day this week....I save those days for playing hooky from work, when I'm actually healthy and have somewhere to go or someone to do.

Time to get back to work, and by work I mean reading the 400+ blog posts that my reader tells me I've missed from my fave blogs.....busy busy!

...

8 comments:

David Dust said...

I HATE when I've been away from my Beloved Google Reader, and it tells me I have hundreds and hundreds of blog posts to look at.

Feel better!!

XOXOXO

Big Daddy said...

Feel better, boo!

cb said...

It's ok to be sick you know... and NOT go into work and infect all your officemates.

Hope you feel better man!

Wonder Man said...

get well

romach said...

Hope you feel better soon handsome! If you need a rub let me know ;-)

Michael Guy said...

Feel better, Chris! And, too, take the time off to GET better. That project will wait. Listen to the elder here; work will get done. Your health is first priority. HUGs~

Greg said...

I hope you're feeling better, especially with Thanksgiving just a few days away.

Mark in DE said...

Hope your cold/flu passes quickly!

Mark :-)