Monday, November 24, 2008

Shoulda Stayed in Bed

I think that the universe has a way of sending us signals that something bad is about to happen....animals are definitely in tune with this signaling. I received a couple signals from Mother Earth early today that I should've just kept my cold arse in my cold bed...but I chose not to listen.

While making breakfast, I cut my left middle finger with a knife this morning. This really upset me, because now I wont be able to do a Double Eagle flip off as I'm dealing with L.A. traffic...I mean, it'd just look too lame trying to pull that off with a giant bandage on my finger.

I slammed the shower door on my right hand, whilst getting in the shower...I thought that I might have broken a finger at first....the pain was seriously bad.

Someone at work had made mini breakfast burritos (regular sized burritos cut in half). I greedily accepted one (my second breakfast), and within a couple of minutes, got salsa in my right eye. It burned like a b*tch!!

The Communications guy in our group called in sick, so I've been asked to take on his responsibilities today (and possibly the rest of the week)....normally it's not a problem, but the month end report (basically a newsletter of current events) is due in 2 days and I have to scramble to throw it together.

Needless to say, quitting time can't come any sooner.

...

6 comments:

dailybriefing said...

whilst? lol. hope you heal. don't bleed in the turkey.

A Lewis said...

A perfect day to have stayed home. Unfortunately, we don't know these things until AFTER they've happened. Better luck tomorrow!

Big Daddy said...

I feel your pain.

I feel like death warmed over as I only got 3 hours of sleep and tossed and turned all night.

jason said...

Unless you use the bandage to write some choice words on perhaps....you know, for the literate assholes out there.

But hopefully all the suckiness has been let loose in one fell swoop and you'll be home free for the rest of the year.

romach said...

Someone was definitely telling you to stay at home today lol ;-)

Mark in DE said...

Dayum, sounds like Mutha Naycha was really trying to tell you sum'n sum'n! Pay attention, boy!

Mark :-)