Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes, We Did !

...


Congratulations Mr. President...

I am both thrilled & relieved that my fellow Americans made the right choice....I'm not too proud to admit that as I sat in front of the TV last night, listening to Obama's speech, I got a little teary eyed at times...what an amazing speech!

As for Proposition 8, well it looks like it's going to pass and right now, I'm feeling a bit stunned, and I 'm having difficulty really believing / comprehending that my home state is filled with that many people, who feel that their fellow gay citizens should be considered 2nd class citizens... and that we should be denied the same rights that are afforded to heteros.

I have one wish for everyone who voted Yes on 8...and that wish is that each of them has at least one gay child. Maybe then the realization of how hurtful/discriminating their "yes vote" is will come crashing down on them.

...

11 comments:

Chris said...

Here's hoping a piano comes crashing down on them.

dit said...

so true. As a friend emailed me . . .

It is ironic that Californians elected the first black president, breaking down the barrier of racial intolerance while on the same day moving an entire class of people to the back of the bus only because they want what everybody already has.

"Just David!" said...

What makes you think they'd get it if they had a gay child? Personally, I'd wish them all sterile so they couldn't have any! Ha!

madhouse 6 said...

bravo.
i agree with your wish for everyone who voted yes.

Bruce said...

My wish is that they would just all DIE, but I'm a little bitter at the moment. I'm sure that will pass with time but that's how I'm feeling now.

cb said...

Well, actually we do sorta NEED them to have gay children to replenish the supply... right?

Hamilton said...

i had the same wish, let's it rain with gay children!

dailybriefing said...

we have a long way to go. people voted for obama and at the same time voted to take your rights away. that's a hypocrite.

the right cannot comprehend the separation of church and state.

WAT said...

Are u kidding? Even with gay children, these people can still be blind! My own mother says she is against gay marriage, and she knows I'm gay!

EEK!

Marko said...

Prop 8 boggles my mind as well, especially coming from California.

Michael Guy said...

Agree on all that you said here, Chris. I remain baffled by Prop 8's outcome.