Monday, December 15, 2008

Party Party


This past weekend was so much fun, that I just didn't want it to end.

On Saturday, I threw a birthday party for my oldest daughter, Lauren, who just turned 18. [So, how old does that make me?] It was a very relaxed, casual affair, with my folks, my 2 brothers, some friends, and Paul stopping by.
Before the party started, I took my 2 girls and Lauren's BFF to a really cute spa/nail salon for a mini spa day. That gave me time to decorate the house, pick up the cake & the food, and to throw myself together.

Saturday was the first time that Paul had met my family, and I was slightly worried that my family would scare Paul away. They can be a little crazy at times, but in the good, fun, kind of way. Funny thing is that my family & Paul clicked just fine. Paul even got a hug from mama when they left, and she isn't the hugging type. I have to say that I am a little disappointed in both Paul & my Mom. They were supposed to have a "Battle of the Bowels" fart-off, but they were both out of ammunition. Party Poopers!

After the family left, the rest of us went to Naples (area in Long Beach that has homes I will never be able to afford, with canals running through their front yards) to watch the boat parade. We got there too late for the parade, so instead of oohing and awwing at yachts decked out in Xmas lights, we walked the canals and gawked at the gorgeous houses. It seemed like every house was throwing a party. We could have easily walked into any house, grabbed some food & drink, and sashayed on out without anyone questioning us. But I'm chicken shit, so we didn't. I took my camera to snap some pics, but snapping did not happen. Ironic, no?



Oh, for Lauren's birthday present, I bought her a G1 Phone.
I....WANT.....ONE....!!! It does so many cool things. My favorite thing is that it can scan anything that has a bar code on it and tell you what it is, how much it costs locally, and where you can buy it from. So flippin cool!

Sunday was spent relaxing and decorating the house for Crimbo. Pictures to follow soon.
...

10 comments:

Anthony said...

Wow .. that barcode feature is SO cool :-)

18 yo daughter ... you can't be much over 18 yourself ;-)

Christopher said...

God Bless You Anthony!

Mark in DE said...

Sounds like a great day!

cb said...

Um, wait. Back up. You have a kid. Who's 18.

Christopher said...

cb: Yes, I have 2 daughters (18 & 14) from a previous life, where I was married (to a, gasp, woman) for 10 years.

A Lewis said...

Let me do a little quick math here: You at 27yo minus 18yo daughter = 9 yr old when you had her. Fuzzy math, eh?

Big Daddy said...

You don't look a day over 33.

Marc said...

Oh now I like that phone! Me will have to ask Santa for one for Christmas :-) You are so lucky to have kids buddy. :-) I think most of us have a previous life. I was engaged for 3 but managed to escape just in time lol ;-)

Greg said...

I'd get one of those G1 phones just for the bar code feature!

And Anthony beat me to the punch. :-(

Mister S said...

Battle of the Bowels? Lovely.

Remind me never to come over when you're having Mexican food.