Monday, January 26, 2009

Bread & Whine

On Saturday night, I had dinner with Paul & Martin Gore (of Depeche Mode) at Pane E Vino . Well, technically Paul & I weren't seated at the same table as Martin, but we were sitting at LEAST 20 feet away from each other...and he was with a group of about 12 other unworthy slobs, but whatever, I'm telling the grand kids someday that I had dinner with Mr. Gore. In case you're wondering what he wore, he had on dark skinny pants and a long red plaid jacket that was pleated at the bottom...very macho, yes.

I tried to snap a few photos of him, but we were all dining al fresco, so the shots came out crap. Paul had to remind me a few times that it was my turn to bottom I was staring too much. Had Martin been sitting in a better location (his back was to me...rude I know, and he was crammed in between people on both sides). I may have gone up to him to beg for a photo...and a lock of his hair.

Anyhoo...dinner was really good (portions weren't crazy like many Italian restaurants). After dinner, we checked out a few bars in WeHo. We even checked out Rage, and for the first time, I wasn't disappointed. It was 80's night ...the music was great and the crowd was fun...young, but still fun.

A nice relaxing weekend...The low light was me finally taking down Christmas at my house. The last of the ornaments were finally wrapped, boxed, and stored away in the garage. The highlight of the weekend was getting to spend time with Paul...but our time together always seems to fly by way too fast.

5 comments:

Shirley! said...

That sounds like a fun weekend. Someone remind me why am I all the way in Canada?

cb said...

You must really like this depeche mode guy. He couldve been wearing a neon sign and I still wouldve said "who?"

Greg said...

Geez! I haven't stepped inside Rage in ages!!! But it sounds like you and Paul enjoyed a wonderful time, even if Mr. Gore neglected to stop by and say hello to you two.

Mark in DE said...

Like cb, I probably wouldn't recognize Mr Gore. When I was in Beverly Hills in 1992 I saw Mrs. Howell from Gilligan's Island. She's hard NOT to recognize.

gaohui said...

Davidson garment is a quintessential Harley abercrombie Outlet davidson item, especially if you feature ones Harley decked abercrombie and fitch over. Featuring the whole distinctive line of leather abercrombie sale jackets, t-shirts, buckles, hats, belts, boots abercrombie & fitch and helmets, feeling of guilt reason this is abercrombie not to accessorize to max.A decent buy Harley enthusiast will abercrombie uk go in closet and grab a Harley t-shirt, leather jacket and boots. But, abercrombie london does your closet contain present accessory considering all abercrombie and Fitch Polo of? The Harley helmet. With out them your road abercrombie Polos trip could end in disaster.