Monday, February 2, 2009

But I Wanted A Strawberry

Last Friday, whilst (yes, whilst) I was driving around town, looking for someplace semi-healthy to grab lunch, I noticed 3 "Neighborhood Safety" cars that had just pulled over one of the city's most wanted. They had this criminal sitting on the curb, whilst 2 wannabe police officers stood around smirking, whilst the third wrote up a citation.

On the hood of one of the cars was the confiscated contraband. Three boxes full of glistening, juicy & ripe (just like me), strawberrys (-berries?).

Ok, fine...so the little Latina field worker was guilty of letting a few cases slip into the back of her truck before THE MAN returned from his 3 hour lunch, only to sell the berrys (berries?) at a discount on the streets of L.A....what's the crime here? I'd save a few bucks, she'd make a few bucks, and Farmer John still makes a profit. Seriously, what's the crime here?

As I drove away from the drive thru window of McDonald's some salad bar fast food joint, I had such a craving for some strawberrys (-berries?)

7 comments:

A Lewis said...

I'm (mostly) with you on this one...who cares. Let them have the food. I always feel HORRIBLE when I see people stealing food....like life sustenance! I mean, it's not cigaretts or alcohol. Just plain old food that they need. However, on the other hand, it is stealing.....

cb said...

She needs to watch "Cops" to learn better smuggling tips

Mark in DE said...

What are "neighborhood safety" cares?

Crazy Eddie said...

It's Strawberries bub. Que te pasa?

Glad they caught the Strawberry Bandit. Only God knows what would have happened if she had gotten away.

Loved this post.

Besos

dit said...

Oh Man, I buy those strawberries all the time of the guy on the corner. They so often are the best.

Jules said...

I'm glad somebody else took it upon themselves to put you out of your spelling misery!

I have to say... THREE cops to arrest one strawberry stealing individual?!!

gaohui said...

Davidson garment is a quintessential Harley abercrombie Outlet davidson item, especially if you feature ones Harley decked abercrombie and fitch over. Featuring the whole distinctive line of leather abercrombie sale jackets, t-shirts, buckles, hats, belts, boots abercrombie & fitch and helmets, feeling of guilt reason this is abercrombie not to accessorize to max.A decent buy Harley enthusiast will abercrombie uk go in closet and grab a Harley t-shirt, leather jacket and boots. But, abercrombie london does your closet contain present accessory considering all abercrombie and Fitch Polo of? The Harley helmet. With out them your road abercrombie Polos trip could end in disaster.