Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th Randomness

Last Monday (on my drive to work), I noticed a chubby raccoon in the fast lane's emergency break down area. He looked so cute laying on his tummy, with his head resting in his paws. His soul had left his body to go visit the little Baby Jebus. His body; however, is still on the 22/605 freeway on-ramp (5 days later), waiting for Cal Trans to come scoop him up. What surprises me is that there is a pair of red tail hawks that perch themselves on a light post, a few yards from him, that haven't taken care of him. You'd think that they would tear him up in a feeding frenzy. What happened to the circle of life? Why is everyone ignoring this poor creature?!

During lunch today, I was surfing Flickr and came across something that I've seen many times but never knew what it was. You see all of those silvery chingaderas in the picture above? Those are called Ex Votos...basically some Catholic jewelry that has to do with something that I forgot...but you can look it up on Wikipedia. I always thought it was just some Catholic jewelry that women got when they completed their Bat Mitzvah training and really had no religious meaning to them. I remember my grandmother had a small one with her initials engraved on it. [Note to self: remember to go through mom's jewelery box the next time you visit]. I think I can rock an Ex Voto on a chain.

What do y'all think about the silver crown in the pic below? Do you think I can get away with this at the clubs? Very Akasha, Queen of the Damned, no? Let the haters stare, I'm used to it!




7 comments:

jason said...

I want all three!
Including the racoon.

cb said...

Well, I'm not certain that hawks eat carrion. I think they like the fresh stuff...

have a good V-day weekend!

"Just David!" said...

If you wear the Ex Voto, it should contain somone's blood. Then before you know it, you'll be married to Brad Pitt and adopting any child that breaths.

the replicant said...

Maybe the raccoon is just waiting for the right person to make him into a hat.

Mitzi said...

I thought the ex voto things were lavender scented pomanders.

Crazy Eddie said...

I've seen that pic of the jewelry also. Looks like the gaudy mess of jewelry my religious grandma had sprawled around her house.

As for the crown...

You are effing crazy. LMAO

Perch that bitch above your penis to accentuate your penis' allure.

LMAO

Besos

PS. Not sure why the little raccoon wasn't eaten, but I felt really sad reading about it. I guess there really is something beating in my hollow-tin-chest.

Michael Guy said...

OH hells NO! I AM the Queen of the Damned!

(they cut my pay by 35% last week!)