Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day



...
I haven't really celebrated/participated in this "holiday" since I was in junior high school, yet there are grown adults whom I work with, going around and asking other coworkers "Where's your green at?".

The best response that I've heard so far today was from a (constantly) grumpy coworker who retorted with: "First of all, this isn't preschool, and second, you're Asian so why does St. Patrick's Day have ANY meaning to you at all?"....I bet you someone's going to be signed up for diversity training very soon.



I guess it's all in good fun, and I'm not going to knock the children, oops, 'people' celebrating here at the toy factory, especially since there's green cupcakes & green sprinkled donuts everywhere you look (diet be damned). Now, if there was some Midori flowing up in here, you bet your sweet nalgas that I'd be at least sporting some green beads.

1 comment:

Michael Guy said...

I am delighted to learn that there are other 'st. patrick' curmudgeons in the workplace.