Friday, May 8, 2009

Here; In My Head

Question: What do Alison Goldfrapp, a garden gnome, and an elephant all have in common?

Answer: They were all in my dream last night.

The dream started out with Goldfrapp & me walking around a forest, picking up silvery tree bark that had fallen off of the trees. She said that she needed to have the "mess" all cleaned up before sunset or "she'd be fired". I asked her who was going to fire her and why were we picking this stuff up & bagging it? She got angry with me and told me that if I was going to keep asking stupid questions, then I could just go home...So I did. Bitch.

The dream then morphed into me sitting on my bed (which had a HUGE mirrored headboard...like 20 feet tall) reading a book. Then I started to hear a knocking sound coming from the inside of my dresser's bottom drawer. Something was inside the drawer and was knocking, for someone to release it. You probably guessed by now that it was the garden gnome (actually, it was one of the gnomes that hangs out in my garden, only newer/cleaner). When I opened the drawer to release him, he "stood up" and yelled "Boo!"... and then he burst into a cloud of glitter (so gay, that one!).

Confused, I decided that it was time for a little drinky-drink, so off I went to my kitchen....but before leaving my bedroom, I saw something out on my front lawn...something BIG was on my front lawn. So, I moved the sheer curtains aside (which, in reality, do not exist on any windows in my house), and saw an elephant on my lawn, squatting, about to take a dump...I banged on the window and started to scream "Nooooo!"....and that's when I woke up.

Strange dream, no? Still trying to figure it out.

.........

6 comments:

cb said...

What did you eat?

Mark said...

Have you been eating cheese again before bedtime?? The last time I had a dream like that I flung open the curtains and there was Frank standing on the lawn with his big chopper! I think it may have had something to do with the documentary I watched before bed time about stars and their helicopters. This week was Frank Sinatra, very odd!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Wanna to exchange links?

All the best,
Marcello de Giuli
www.yvymag.com

Anthony said...

Did you have Chinese takeout with MSG?

dit said...

that is too interesting and actually sounds like a good short story in there somewhere. lol Hope you have been well.

Michael Guy said...

Well, anything exploding into a cloud of glitter is a good sign, don't you think?