Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Twice Upon A Time

Once upon a time, I had a 28" waist...and I wished that I wasn't so damn skinny. I actually remember walking into Robinson's and trying on a pair of navy blue Calvin Klein tapered leg pants (my generation's version of the skinny jean) and I was swimming in a size 28...I bought the pants (and a canvas belt) anyway and wore the hell out of those pants that school year. They were the perfect length and looked great with my white espadrilles.

Those days are long gone and I'll never be that thin again...and that's ok...I'd look like a lollipop if my waist shrunk that small, and besides, my birthing hips just aren't going away...'Mkay?

Once upon a time, I had a blog that I thought about all the time. I would constantly be aware of potential situations to blog about. I would think of new blog headers to create, or templates to try out. Keeping the blog current and fresh was actually a big part of my day to day.

Those days and those habits seem to have slipped into the ether....and that's NOT ok. So, for the one hundredth time again this year, I'm going to state my renewed dedication to the blog and I will try my damnedest to get back on track and write much more regularly.

Now excuse while I loosen my non-28 inch waist pants...big lunch today...don't judge.
.........

11 comments:

franck said...

It's all about quality, not quantity. So yeah... shape up will ya? ;-))

S said...

I'm sorry, who are you again?

cb said...

put down the fuckin fork and get your fat, espadrille Westin ass back to blogging!

I judge, because I love.

A Lewis said...

So, what?, you're up to a 29 or 30 now? Poor little thing.

Mark said...

I do miss your posting more frequently buddy! I remember those sized 28 days too! Size 34 for now :-(

Big Daddy said...

I'm picturing a latino Sonny Crockett of you.

Robert said...

I know you secretly still wear 'em espadrilles around the house!! Or heels! heh!

Mark in DE said...

LOL - great/funny post!

Kevin said...

28? I think I was a 28 once for about a day and a half.

Imagine, if you will, a skyscraper. Now imagine you're in the elevator and its whizzzzzzzzing up and up and up...and it stops at the 28th floor, but no one gets on. The doors close and away you go.

yeah, that's me. a big fat elevator.

JimmyD said...

I miss my 28" waist too.
I'd be happy getting back down to a 33". Freakin' aging process!

gaohui said...

Davidson garment is a quintessential Harley abercrombie Outlet davidson item, especially if you feature ones Harley decked abercrombie and fitch over. Featuring the whole distinctive line of leather abercrombie sale jackets, t-shirts, buckles, hats, belts, boots abercrombie & fitch and helmets, feeling of guilt reason this is abercrombie not to accessorize to max.A decent buy Harley enthusiast will abercrombie uk go in closet and grab a Harley t-shirt, leather jacket and boots. But, abercrombie london does your closet contain present accessory considering all abercrombie and Fitch Polo of? The Harley helmet. With out them your road abercrombie Polos trip could end in disaster.