Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blue Dancers


I truly admire people who have been blessed with an artistic gene. They see the world through an entirely different set of eyes. My eldest (oldest?) daughter has this gift. Lucky for me, she is also dating a gifted & generous artist. One of his art class assignments was to reproduce a famous impressionist's work. He chose to recreate Blue Dancers by Edgar Degas. After he was graded on his painting, he gave the painting to me, where I now have it hanging on a wall in my dining room area. He scored major points with that move.

Here's the original:



Here's the reproduction (I love it):


10 comments:

jason said...

wow! Just beautiful.

Big Daddy said...

I think I like his version better.

Mark said...

It is lovely buddy. That is real talent.

Bruce said...

WOW!! Talent indeed. He needs to start selling those instead of giving them away and you need to make sure yours is signed and dated.

Kris said...

Wow, that's amazing.. His version actually feels more soothing than the original.

Greg said...

Wow! Such an impressive reproduction! Very talented!

cb said...

I think I like it better than the original!

dit said...

This really shows talent. Here is a website with up and coming young artists.

http://www.littlepaperplanes.com/

I am with cb, I like it better than the original.

Fabulastic said...

Funny enough your daughter's (or is it son?) reproduction has a post-impressionistic feeling. It is like Cezanne have reproduced Degas painting.

Michael Guy said...

That is quite good; really well executed! I'd love to see the texture of the paint!

Is it framed? Are you framing it? Custom framing is so damn expensive!