Monday, June 1, 2009

DIVA


On my way back home from church the liquor store last night, and on my drive in to work this morning, I spied with my little brown eye, two (different) women driving clunkers that each had similar stickers on their cars. Both women thought so highly of themselves that they each slapped a couple of stickers on their car's windows that proclaimed to the world, that each of them were in fact.... Divas.

Too bad for me that I don't have the pleasure of knowing them personally. Based on what I could see of their "urban styling", it was obvious to me that their ghetto fabulousness clearly embodies the definition of what a true diva really is.

From Wikipedia, a diva is:
Divas are celebrated female singers. The Italian term is used to describe a woman of rare, outstanding talent in the world of opera (Maria Callas, Montserrat Caballé) and by extension in theatre, cinema and popular music. The meaning of diva is closely related to that of "prima Donna".

So by that definition, I take it that, in order to be considered a diva you have to:

1. Be a woman.
2. Be a well known woman with true performance talent.

Now, haven't we all seen a twinky homo wearing a t-shirt (purchased at Baby Gap) emblazoned with the word "DIVA" in glittery letters? That's just wrong and really needs to stop.

I just think it's ridiculous when a woman (or lady-boy) proclaims herself to be a diva for all the wong reasons. Just because you can't control your potty mouth, have no sense of decorum, or don't understand the difference between slutty & classy does not make you a diva.

Below is a pic that a coworker recently sent me, which originally had the caption "Diva-Licious".

I'm just curious....is she wearing red or orange panties under her skirt?



4 comments:

Robert said...

I especially love her asymmetrical top!! Owait, or is that a tear?!?

the replicant said...

Oh no, she's a no-panties girl.

Mark in DE said...

You're absolutely right about those DIVA t-shirts with sparkly letters. Really, a true Diva doesn't call herself a Diva. Its obvious to everyone when a woman is a true Diva, so all you skanks best quit frontin'.

Jules said...

Woah.

Barf.