Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday's Post

......

I just got out of a work meeting, and I should really be given some kind of an award. A spot bonus, a salary increase, job title promotion, a certificate with gold stars....some kind of recognition.! It took all the strength I had in me to stay awake and to appear sober, coherent, and interested. That's a lot of effort displayed by me, especially since I'm currently hopped up on Vicodin, Ibuprofen, and a muscle relaxer (Flexiril.....how I love Thee!)

Today's meeting topic really doesn't impact my job duties, it was more of an FYI for me. So, I had to keep my mind busy, or else I'd end up SOL (snoring out loud). In order to keep up the appearance that I was generally interested in the material being presented, I did the following:
  • For all of the people who made fashion mistakes this morning, I undressed them (mentally) and then redressed them in much better looking/fitting clothes.

  • I mentally reworked the refreshment table. Cookies, veggies, water, orange juice, and coffee?? So weak! I wanted lox & bagels, fresh berries in a watermelon "bowl", an omelette bar, a Mimosa station, melon wrapped in prosciutto, etc...

  • I schemed of ways to smuggle out the large, glass bucket, that was being used to store ice...I think it'd look much better back at my place...full of chilled champagne.

  • I furtively browsed the Internet on my phone, and even played Pac-Man on it, but that didn't last long...the battery started to get low real fast.

After lunch, I came back to my desk only to find out that I have just been added to yet another meeting at 2:30...Guess I better charge up my phone !

4 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Sounds like hell on earth.

cb said...

Instant karma is gonna get you...

Jules said...

Did you manage to smuggle out the ice bucket?

gaohui said...

Davidson garment is a quintessential Harley abercrombie Outlet davidson item, especially if you feature ones Harley decked abercrombie and fitch over. Featuring the whole distinctive line of leather abercrombie sale jackets, t-shirts, buckles, hats, belts, boots abercrombie & fitch and helmets, feeling of guilt reason this is abercrombie not to accessorize to max.A decent buy Harley enthusiast will abercrombie uk go in closet and grab a Harley t-shirt, leather jacket and boots. But, abercrombie london does your closet contain present accessory considering all abercrombie and Fitch Polo of? The Harley helmet. With out them your road abercrombie Polos trip could end in disaster.