Monday, July 6, 2009

June in July?

I live in an old house. An old house with no insulation. During the summer, it retains heat ....and during winter months, it retains the cold air. During the day, I like to keep the front & back doors open to cross ventilate the place.

I'm still waiting on my landlord to repair/reinstall my screen door since it was removed a few months back, when the exterior of the house was painted. Having no screen door in place invites outside creatures to come inside. Creatures like the much hated June Bug.



For the past few nights, I've been taunted & teased by the little bastards while I try to sleep. They fly all around my bedroom, slamming into walls & windows, making a low thumping sound before they drop to the floor.

They really are stupid creatures. They'll fly right at you while you're holding a rolled up magazine in your hands...and they practically aim for the magazine, as your swinging it in their direction. Yesterday, I sent one flying back out the open front door just so. Oh, how I laughed and laughed....ahhh, good times.

I don't hate all June Bugs. There is one type that I actually like. It's not so much an insect...no, it's actually more like a cocktail. Here's the recipe:

Ultimate June Bug Recipe:
1 oz Midori
1 oz Malibu Coconut Rum
1 oz Banana Liqueur
1 oz Sweet & Sour mix
1 oz Pineapple Juice
Blend all items together, serve over ice in Collins glass, and slurp it down!

4 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Now, THAT'S a June Bug I wouldn't swat! :-)

Greg said...

At least it's not a potato bug. Those things can be nasty!!

Christopher said...

Greg: Potato bugs scare the hell outta me!

A Lewis said...

Sort of like making lemonade out of lemons.