Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Can't Fool a Fool


This past Saturday, I took my car to the dealer for its 30k mile service maintenance. The last time I took my car in for an oil change, I was told by the service manager, "Tony", that I would need to get the 15k AND 30k mile service done, in order to keep my warranty valid. I called bullshit, but just said "ok, sure".

A few weeks later when I called to set up the appointment for the 30k service, I asked "Maria" if I needed to get the 15k as well, and I was told "no, the 30k service will bring you current".

Hmm...methinks "Tony" was trying to rip me off. Then when I asked "Maria" about pricing, I was told $550.....WTF??!!...Nearly $600 for a glorified tune-up? Now it sounded like Maria was trying to rip me off too.

I called around other dealerships in the area, and Sho'Nuff, I found a dealership that only charged $390....(but with my 15% off coupon, the total damage was only $332).

To get the revenge that I was clearly entitled to, I did NOT call back the rip-off dealership to cancel my 8:00 am appointment.

Take that scammers !

7 comments:

A Lewis said...

oh please, you don't have to do the 15K as well....I mean, it's nothing more than checks and look ats.....and the 30K will do far and above what the 15K would. That's the biggest bunch of crap I've ever heard.

Michael Rivers said...

So many of those places screw you over so badly. I never trust them. Sad, but true. I always say I need to educate myself more about the car so I know if I'm being taken advantage of or not!

Kevin said...

you should totally tell them that you know they tried to gouge you.

you should threaten going to the media. don't, and don't say who you are, but maybe they'll think twice about pulling the same shit on us fairies.

Michael Guy said...

DAMN straight, sister!

cb said...

Hopefully the discounted service didn't have any parts left over...

Chris said...

That's not revenge. Hijacking a bus and slamming it into their service garage is revenge.

gaohui said...

Davidson garment is a quintessential Harley abercrombie Outlet davidson item, especially if you feature ones Harley decked abercrombie and fitch over. Featuring the whole distinctive line of leather abercrombie sale jackets, t-shirts, buckles, hats, belts, boots abercrombie & fitch and helmets, feeling of guilt reason this is abercrombie not to accessorize to max.A decent buy Harley enthusiast will abercrombie uk go in closet and grab a Harley t-shirt, leather jacket and boots. But, abercrombie london does your closet contain present accessory considering all abercrombie and Fitch Polo of? The Harley helmet. With out them your road abercrombie Polos trip could end in disaster.