Friday, September 25, 2009

La Rosa Blanca


One of the department managers, at my place of employment, gave everyone a rose today.

A few years ago, when he used to work for the same company as his wife does, he brought her 75 roses on their wedding anniversary.

Many of the coworkers complained that he didn't bring them any roses. Every year since, he brings in 75 roses and distributes one rose to everyone in our department. It really classes up my dreary gray cubicle (please disregard the vase it's in).

I asked him for a white rose, because just like me, it symbolizes purity...He snorted.

7 comments:

A Lewis said...

A rose by any other name.......

Michael Rivers said...

I can totally understand why you need the white rose!

Jules said...

The rose is nice, indeed, but I'm distracted by the Pink Panther and the little elephant and want to know why you have them!

dit said...

What a thoughtful coworker! I like white roses too.

Greg said...

That's sweet!

Meeko Fabulous said...

My favorite are pink roses. :) They match my rosie cheeks . . .

Chris said...

I like any rose that doesn't die the day after you put it in the vase. Your coworker is awesome.