Monday, September 7, 2009

Nobody Walks in L.A.

I must be a nobody then, cause I walked in L.A. this past Saturday...Downtown L.A. that is.

First stop was Bottega Louie. I was planning on eating lunch here, but wasn't hungry when I arrived. After walking around the dining area and checking out what the patrons were eating, I've decided that I'll definitely be back for lunch. I did purchase some French Macaroons. They came in a fancy pink box that made me look sooooo gay (the bag was clear plastic).




After my sugar fix, I checked out L.A. Live...that new "entertainment campus" that's adjacent to Staple's Center. It's still very much a work in progress, so most of the restaurants are still closed. I am looking forward to the opening of the new Ritz Carlton, which is part of L.A. Live's campus. Drinks at the Ritz in 2010, for sure.

One of the restaurants that I want to check out is Trader Vic's. I loves me some tiki tiki. It was closed when I got there and didn't open until 4:00 pm. Boo!


Finally, I went on a hunt for Tim Gunn, at the FIDM campus, but he was nowhere to be found!


Downtown L.A. is really cleaning itself up quite nicely. Gorgeous lofts and condos on practically every corner!

I used to work across the street from the Staples Center, and now I don't recognize the streets that used to be so familiar...and that's a good thing!

7 comments:

cb said...

Damn, I love me some Teader Vics Mai tais!!

Michael Rivers said...

Wonderful photos! I've never been there. Thanks for sharing!

Meeko Fabulous said...

Well I guess I won't go stalking Tim Gunn then! LOL :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jim said...

They filmed that Projuct Rungay in Los Angeles more than a year ago. It was tied up in legal limbo until this summer. Tim Gunn is sadly, long gone from LA.

Christopher said...

Now you tell me Jim!

Jules said...

I don't get what's so gay about a guy carrying around a little pink box in a clear bag...

... erm.. now that I've written it myself, maybe I do... ;O)

gaohui said...

Davidson garment is a quintessential Harley abercrombie Outlet davidson item, especially if you feature ones Harley decked abercrombie and fitch over. Featuring the whole distinctive line of leather abercrombie sale jackets, t-shirts, buckles, hats, belts, boots abercrombie & fitch and helmets, feeling of guilt reason this is abercrombie not to accessorize to max.A decent buy Harley enthusiast will abercrombie uk go in closet and grab a Harley t-shirt, leather jacket and boots. But, abercrombie london does your closet contain present accessory considering all abercrombie and Fitch Polo of? The Harley helmet. With out them your road abercrombie Polos trip could end in disaster.