Saturday, December 19, 2009

Looking a Lot Like Christmas


Earlier this evening, I took a walk around my neighborhood. I was really impressed with how creative some of my neighbors got decorating their homes this Christmas. I became a voyeur; mentally taking decorating notes... and actually getting a little jealous of some of my neighbor's casas.

In my next home I MUST have the following: dark wood floors, a bad-ass foyer, and a big-ass mantel...oh, and a bitchin' English garden would be nice.

Every year, I buy myself a "special" ornament. Well, I've been a damn good boy this year, so I treated myself to the 2 Polonaise ornaments above. I bought our Xmas tree last week, but it only has white lights strung up. Tomorrow, the tree gets all dolled up.

Funny thing...when I finished stringing it with lights, I took a step back and was impressed with how simply pretty it looked... with only white lights. I thought about leaving it bare, but a week has passed and I have since come to my senses. I'll post pics with the tree all done soon.

I'm in the mood for some Bing Crosby now!

3 comments:

S said...

You're only a bad neighbour if you look in their windows. Did you?

Michael Rivers said...

Great idea to get yourself a special ornament(s) each year!!

Mark in DE said...

Each year when I string the tree with white lights I am also impressed with how pretty it looks, just simply lit.