Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Trippin' Up



Have you ever fallen UP the stairs? Yeah, neither have I, and not at work this morning, while walking up the main entrance's staircase....ahem!

As I was tripping over my feet, it felt as if time had slowed down and I just couldn't stop tripping over myself...up the stairs. In my head, I was screaming at myself to "Stop moving. Stand still. Grab the damn railing and stop yourself.....People are laughing at you!"

Mercifully, I only tripped UP about 3 or 4 steps, although it felt like my comedy routine would never end, and lucky for me that I was holding onto the railing; otherwise, I would have landed flat on my face....and that would've ended my Super Model career for sure.

I'm just really thankful that there was only one witness on the steps this morning (to whom I said: "you didn't see that did you" and she replied with a grin: "no, not at all").

Oh, and I just know that the security guards are watching the taped recording of me tripping on loop....and laaaaaauuuggghing! I'm not ashamed though, it feels good to brighten someone's day.

12 comments:

R said...

Loving what you said last. That's the attitude!!

Happy New Year to you and Paulie!

Kevin said...

I think it happens more than people let on.

I fell up the stairs once and sprained my wrist.

Up. The. Stairs.

Michael Rivers said...

I trip up the stairs all the time. And down the stairs. Turn too quick and walk into the wall. All kinds of things!

Mark in DE said...

Nope, never happened to me either. Not last week. At the library. ;-)

S said...

I've tripped going up the stairs. It hurts either way, up or down.

Donnie said...

I fell up the stairs once at work in what I thought was an empty stairwell. Turns out the cutest guy at work was coming down the stairs at the same time I was falling up them and he saw the whole thing. Oh, I could feel my face turn red.

Bruce said...

That's you Christopher...the "Day Brightener"

Greg said...

A new YouTube viral video in the works, perhaps?

heat said...

This is why I have a massive fear of escalators.

Michael Guy said...

I've never tripped up the stairs but I did a full-body role down a flight of curving, grand stairs at a movie theater in my hometown.

I was in high-school at the time. Anyone older than dust will remember the term "baggies." Bell bottoms with large cuffs essentially. My platform shoe got caught in the cuff and the rest is local legend. It was my Olympic moment...

cb said...

If I'd been there, I would have laughed and laughed. and then spit on you. :-)

Mrsblogalot said...

Have you looked to see if you are on you tube? (-;