Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Calm & The Pride

Well, it appears that I've taken a few days off from blogging...work has been crazy busy and a bunch of personal stuff has been keeping me away from this here blog. Busy is good. You know what they say about idle hands....they like to touch "things"....too much.

Yesterday was a good day for me. I was finally able to get some closure on an issue that was just nagging the back of mind. I woke up this morning feeling a sense of calm that I haven't felt in weeks. I hate loose ends and being "out of balance". I need to have things orderly & balanced. I just want to put it out there that I'm doing ok...much better than the last few weeks, and I'd like to thank "you" for your response, it meant so much to me and put my mind at ease. Sorry for the cryptic-ness of this paragraph. I guess it's just for me...and "you" (I hope "you"still read my blog).

Anyway, I was in a doctor's office yesterday and had time to kill, so I searched for free apps for my BlackBerry. I found this great application called iHeartRadio that let's you stream local (and not so local) music stations. It works great. The only drawback is that it drains your battery FAST. I was hoping that I could stream KROQ, but sadly, they didn't make the list. But Star 98.7 is available, as well as a station called Pride Radio....Gay music without any commercials (Some of the songs are reaaaaaaallly GAY).

Speaking of really Gay things...Long Beach Pride is May 15 & 16. I'm actually going to go to the festival this year and not just the parade. If any of my local friends are going, let me know...I already have a few people that I'll be hanging out with, but the bigger the Gayggle, the better. I don't know who any of the performers are yet, the website needs to be updated, but this pre-party sounds like fun.

PS: Happy Earth Day!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Happy Earth Day to you as well, Tophie!

Michael Guy said...

Happy Earth Day! (the day after)

PS - I want an iPhone, bitch. Maybe when I'm working again... Le sigh.