Monday, April 26, 2010

Kathy Griffin Loves Me!

This past weekend was so much fun. I laughed my way through the entire weekend and today, my throat is still sore.

Friday night I met up with David, Jim, & Lyle to paint the town (WeHo) red. We went to O-Bar for dinner, and I need to mention that we arrived in a Maserati. It definitely isn't my car (I wish), but what a beautiful piece of machinery it was. I had the Lobster Mac 'N Cheese for dinner. I thought that I was going to have a no-touch orgasm (Hi, Michael!) half way through the meal. It was soooooooo good. Being the petite person that I am (stop laughing), I boxed up the rest for the ride home, I mean for lunch on Saturday.

After dinner, Lyle dropped us off at Gym Bar and left the 3 amigos to our own devices....or is that vices? Anyhoo, this was my first time at Gym Bar and I gotta say the mens were really manly. Spotted Bobby Trendy (yawn) & his group of screaming queens smoking on the patio. The bar was raffling off a bunch of stuff to raise money for some sports team (baseball?). All of the prizes were spread out on a pool table that we were all standing around. I actually won 2 crappy movies, that may have been "exchanged" by David, for what I thought would be better "adult" movies. Not the case. I may have to donate them to my local library.

They were raffling a signed copy of Kathy Griffin's latest book, and the events are a little foggy, but I somehow managed to end up with the following in my possession.






We eventually ended up at the Abbey to have one final drink, oh, and to help out this little guy win a contest between him and his friend. We 3 are always giving back to the community. I had so much fun Friday night, it was just what I needed to end a crappy week.

Saturday, I took my girls to the beach for a long stoll along the boardwalk, and then spent the rest of the day catching up with old friends and making 2 new friends. Woot! After dinner, I went out for a few more drinks with my best friend. My liver had taken a beating the night before, so I limited myself to 2 drinks.

Sunday, was the usual "run errands, go shoppng, wash the damn car, drop off the dry cleaning, mop your dirty floors, prepare for the dread of Monday" kinda day. Again, I found myself talking to an old friend and catching up on each other's lives.

In summary, this weekend was all about, family, friends, and laughter....life as it's meant to be!

6 comments:

S said...

Bitch still hasn't visited Toronto. Grrr...

Christopher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Guy said...

Jellus here! :(

Okay. Next time I visit we're going to Disneyland. Cuz JIM says so...

dit said...

It was a great time! lets do it all again!

RAD said...

COOL!!!

Jim said...

Stop! THIEF!!!