Monday, April 12, 2010

Macerate Me



Macerated Strawberries....sounds naughty, right? They kind of are, and that's because of the booze that's involved. Albertson's had strawberries for cheap this weekend, so I bought a couple pounds. Then I macerated them for a few hours.

After dinner, I poured the berries over some low fat Angel Food cake....heavenly! I was going to take pics, but the food disappeared way too fast!

I'd like to send a shout out to my girl, Martha Stewart, for hooking me up with the recipe:

2 pints fresh strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other Orange Liqueur
  1. Hull strawberries, cut in half, and place in a bowl.
  2. Add sugar and liqueur, and mix until well combined.
  3. Stir with a fork, crushing some of the strawberries to release the juices.
  4. Refrigerate until strawberries are very soft & juicy,

Ready in about 4 hours.

3 comments:

the replicant said...

Hmm, macerated strawberry shortcakes, maybe...

Jules said...

Sounds quite delicious...

Michael Guy said...

Strawberries are quite reasonable nowadays. It was a good growing season in Florida. At least that is what I heard on NPR radio the other morning.

I have some in my fridge, too. Only I'm tossing them into my morning cereal.