Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Queen, Puh-lease!


I've never really been a fan of Queen Latifah. I only enjoyed her performance in the movie, Set It Off. She was much more "believable" in that role. Mkay?

I'm getting tired of seeing this poster all over the city, promoting her new movie in which she plays "a straight-shooting physical therapist who gets the gig of a lifetime working with NBA All-Star", who guess what....falls in love with the B-Ball player and struggles with career ethics vs what her heart wants....yawn!



I wish she'd just pigeon-hole her career into playing more characters like this:



Now I'd pay good money to see her in full on thug mode & kicking some asss!

8 comments:

Michael Rivers said...

I haven't even heard of this movie yet. I'd like to play basketball with that guy. :-)

Meeko Fabulous said...

I love Queen Latifah! Did you see her in Bringing Down the House? Comedy! She played up that whole thug role in it.

Christopher said...

Michael: I think that's the rapper "Common"

Meeko: No, haven't seen that movie. I just loved how realistically she played the butch Lezbee in "Set it Off".

Michael Guy said...

You MUST see "Bringin' Down the House" with Steve Martin.

The dining room scene with the rich old lady singing a Negro spiritual is well worth the rental price! :)

RAD said...

here here....Shes a big ol Velcro mama and needs to just admit it....

Christopher said...

Hmmm...now I'm curious to see Bringing Down Da House!

Rad: LMAO!!

Jonasy said...

Oh, I like Queen Latifah very much. One of the friendliest and warmest faces you can see on the screen.

Jules said...

Well, I don't know about the movie, but she looks great in that first picture!