Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Yenta in You

Ok, so lately, many of my friends are trying to either set me up on blind dates or direct me to websites to find a new boyfriend. I appreciate the effort & research it takes y'all, but...

It's only been 7 weeks since my last relationship ended. I put a LOT of heart & effort into that one (more than I have for anyone before). It's too soon. I'm not the kind of person that can just turn off my heart and any residual feelings I may have, to move on to the next guy. It's going to take some time for me to get back into the game. "PJ" & I ended our relationship on good terms and there are no hostile or angry feelings. He's my friend.

Also, I think that getting involved with someone else so soon would be hurtful to him and send a message that he was so easy to forget...so easy to just kill all feelings for things that once were....and hurting him is the last thing I want to do. We had a beautiful & loving relationship. He made me feel mighty special...I'd like to think that he feels the same about me. I only remember the good times and all the laughter & love that we shared. I have no regrets or hard feelings. I hope all is well with him, and I miss him terribly.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I just don't understand how some people can end a relationship, and 2-3 weeks later they're in a new relationship. I'm choosing to honor & respect our time in the sun by staying single, until a respectable amount of time has passed and my heart's ready.

Thanks anyway, you bunch of Yentas!!

3 comments:

Greg said...

Only you can decide when you're ready to date again. But it is nice to have people looking out for you.

Michael Guy said...

I share your viewpoints. Just don't go all 'Southern belle in mourning' like me; it's been nearly 3-years since I moved out.

I've had 3 dates. Apparently I'm in no hurry.

jason said...

Ouch...just 7 weeks ago?
I'm sorry.
You take the time you need.
I know I would.
Send the leftovers to me :)