Monday, May 3, 2010

My May Day Weekend

Friday night, I had dinner with my friend Greg, at a funky place, in the Little Tokyo area of L.A., called Far Bar. To enter Far Bar, you walk between a narrow space, between two buildings. If you're casually walking by, you wouldn't even notice the place. The narrow walkway opens up into a courtyard, with white lights strung overhead. There are a few tables along the walls, a small enclosed bar, and at the very end of the space is a huge projector, for watching sports. I think that there were a couple of sofas too, that were near the projector screen.



Loco Roll at Far Bar

The food was incredible (small menu that mostly offered sushi rolls), the drinks were perfect, company was hilarious, but the service was awful. Had to ask for water a few times. There was also something odd about ordering drinks here. They required us to hand over a credit card, before they would serve us drinks. I have a feeling that this policy is in place, because so many people have probably dined and dashed... which I was very tempted to do, after waiting forever for the check to arrive.

Saturday night I finally saw the movie, Kick Ass. It was exactly what was needed, after having an awfully stressful day. I loved the movie. I have a feeling that we're going to be seeing a lot of Halloween costumes this year, from the movie's characters. Hit Girl is my new hero!

Sunday, I celebrated that my neighbors who live(d) in the back house (I live in a duplex) have moved out. I used to get along with them, but the last 6 months they've been working my nerves, with their constant complaints whenever any of my friends or family would park in the shared driveway. I am deeply saddened that I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye to them.....not!

Anybody looking for a 2 bedroom 1 bath house, in the Belmont Heights area of Long Beach, let me know. I hear that the neighbor in the front house is fookin awesome!

2 comments:

Meeko Fabulous said...

Neighbors can be such pests!

Anonymous said...

Dine & Dash next time. I LOVE IT! Love the mention too! :)