Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Theater Queen


Tickets have just been purchased for the musical, In the Heights, playing at The Pantages Theater, June 22 through July 11. We're going to see it July 10...I can't wait!

I was so bummed that I didn't get to see the original casting while it played on Broadway, but now I can turn that frown upside down, because Tony Award winner, Lin-Manuel Miranda, will star in the L.A. premiere of In the Heights.

It really is a shame that I live in L.A., a city where performing arts are all around me, and I don't take advantage of that like I should. It's been way too long since I've been to the theater, and I mean to change that bad behavior.

In October, I'm hoping to see South Pacific, at the OC Performing Arts Center, and then during the holiday season, West Side Story, at The Pantages.
Guess I better start saving my pennies!

4 comments:

Kevin said...

You're going to love it!

Lin is beyond brilliant--I remember thinking "How does all THIS come out of one mind?"

Boriqua!

Jules said...

I saw South Pacific live once, it was great! And Dirty Dancing recently in Toronto. I love theatre!

Christopher said...

I saw a documentary on the making of this musical recently, and it really made me want to see it even more.

Lin is Genius!

Yeah, I heard DD was excellent too Jules (loving your new profile pic Lady).

Rebelyankee said...

I'm awful at this even living in NYC! But I'm turning it around, going to see Next Fall next week, and then Promises, Promises!