Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fireworks Go Boom!

Just can't believe that we're already in July...where did Spring go? Hope you all had a good 4th of Julio weekend. Mine was pretty awesome. Since the actual holiday landed during the weekend, I got (like most of you) Monday off as well. Saturday had me busy all day running errands and cleaning house.

Saturday night was spent with a great guy. That's about as much as I'm revealing here. This boy don't kiss and tell... I'll say this: The time spent with this man gave me a glimpse of what my life could be like. Someday. Maybe. I realize that a foundation needs to be built first, before we make any serious commitments. The future is so uncertain, but I hang on to the belief that anything is possible. I just really enjoyed the night, with this man, and I took away further confirmation that compatibility between us is definitely not an issue. I couldn't sleep at all that night. I was too happy.

I'm not ashamed to say that I've been lonely for so long. For years even. Never alone, just lonely. I'm sick of being single. Tired of the dating game. Sick of sleeping in an half-empty bed. All of my wants are becoming needs. However, I'm a realist and I understand that what is meant to be, will be...no need to rush things. I am also an optimist, and I continue to keep hope alive that the possibility of a committed relationship still exists. So for now, I am just taking things slowly, day by day. Curious to see how our relationship will grow. All I know for certain is that in this man, I have made a friend for life.

Sunday (the 4th) was spent at one of my favorite local bars, The Falcon, with my buddies Les and Eljon. The Falcon is TINY, but it was packed! Great music, fun crowd, and cheap drinks. I had more than my share of Blue Moons (burp).

Monday was spent recovering from the weekend...and reading. That's a luxury I've finally picked up once again (TV be damned). Hope you all had a good holiday weekend!

2 comments:

the replicant said...

That's wonderful news: congratulations.

Michael Guy said...

"Sick of sleeping in an half-empty bed."

I hear that, sister...

Hope it all goes well. Dating is such a lost art nowadays; best to you!