Monday, August 2, 2010

Piggly Wiggly

This past weekend was all about avoiding the gym and eating as much crap as possible. I ate everything that was on my "off-limits" list.....pizza, cheeseburger, fries, candy, buttered popcorn, etc, snort, etc .... I even ate dinner at an all-you-can-eat Chinese/Japanese buffet. All restraint and common sense was left behind, once I walked in.

So of course, this morning was another battle of the bulge. Don't go there...it's too easy. My pants must've shrunk at the dry cleaners! I feel sluggish, even after a good night's sleep. It's time to get back to the gym on a regular basis (missed too many days lately) and time to get the diet together. No more late night Oreo Cookie milkshake runs either. Damn you, Jack in The Crack for tempting me!

I created a spreadsheet to track my weight loss progress, and I am soooo far off target. I was hoping that the difference in projected weight and actual weight was due to a formula error, but it looks like the problem is what goes from my hand, to my mouth....again, don't go there.

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

I ate TWO bowlfuls of french vanilla ice cream last night....topped with fresh Oregon raspberries and lemon shortbread cookies. Oink

Westopher said...

Tracking progress is a great idea, yet it can make us feel super guilty when we're not where we expected to be. I always figure a little progress is better than nothing, so don't worry about a rogue weekend. You're still mindful of what you want and working towards a goal. Go you!

Christopher said...

Lewis: Well done!

Wes: Thanks for your thoughts (guilt really is a bitch). I'm on a personal "Better by Christmas" mission. :-D