Monday, October 25, 2010

Get Me to the Pumpkin Patch

Halloween is just around the corner and I have yet to buy my pumpkins. I am such a slacker, and I probably won't even get around to the patch, until Saturday morning.


I've been invited to 3 parties, Saturday night, so this upcoming weekend is going to be crazy busy, with pumpkin guts flying, candy bags being purchased, candy bags being sampled (for freshness), and last minute costume purchases.


I just hope the damn neighborhood kids show up Sunday night. Year-to-year, it's hit or miss... last year's turn out was pathetic, and I was forced to eat all the leftover candy. It's true, kids ruin everything.... even my waistline.

4 comments:

A Lewis said...

I haven't actually purchased a pumpkin in many, many years. And, unlike you, have not been invited to one single party. Sigh.

Greg said...

Saturday, I think we're going to try to take a tour of the old cemetery near the Homo Depot (up on the hill near Signal Hill). We've only been invited to one party, but had to skip it in order to babysit.

the replicant said...

I have an electric pumpkin. I know, it's kind of cheesy and a cop out, but it's better than nothing... and at least it won't turn into moldy gnat food.

Christopher said...

Arnie: Get yo ass a pumpkin this year. The carving is VERY therapeutic.

Greg: that cemetary used to scare the sh*t out of me, when I was a kid. I used to hide down on the floor boards and close my eyes, whenever we'd drive by.

Erik: I have one too that I bought at Walgreens (I think) many years ago. He's my inside Jack-O-Lantern.