Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Day at The Museum

This past Sunday, I spent some time at The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). We got there a little late in the day and only saw about half of what we wanted to, but still had fun.

Three points need to be made here...

1) The Japanese collection is BORING. I know Japanese design can be minimal at times, but the collection that was shown was pitifully minimal.... and the building it's housed in could use a good scrubbing.

2) The salad bar in the cafe is worth checking out, if you get low blood sugar. Just don't pour the dressing over the salad until after you pay for it. They charge by the ounce, so be smart (read: cheap like me) and pour your dressing into the little containers they provide for dressing to go.

3) If you want to get in for free, take someone 18 or younger, sign them up for a "Next Gen" (or something like that) membership, and they get in for free and so does one accompanying adult.

Here's a few pics I snapped:
 



 

1 comment:

Greg said...

That Michael Jackson/Bubbles statue (?) looks creepy. I think its eyes are following me . . . .