- Arrived in NYC around 4:00 pm....got to the hotel around 5:00 pm (stayed in Chelsea).
- Saw Spring Awakening at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre @ 8:00 pm.
- Ate dinner at Pigalle @ 10:30 pm...crazy fast service & excellent food (I had the skirt steak).
- Walking tour of SoHo, Nolita, & Tribeca @ 10:00 am...this was great, as it was just my friend Les, the guide & me.
- Lunch at Ideya in SoHo for some Cuban/Caribbean food (grilled salmon, salad & plantains for me). For real: their batidos (cold drink made with your choice of fruit puree, milk, coconut cream, nutmeg & rum) are a must....slurp!
- Shopping in SoHo...bought some Dunnys & a mousepad at KidRobot.
- Disco napped due to the sudden rain.
- Happy Hour at Honey in Chelsea ($5 martinis!!)...this place just opened last August, so they're still working on building up its clientele...this place is the epitome of NY cool...I'll definitely be back.
- Dinner at Birdland (a jazz supper club) @ 7:00 pm & the performance @ 8:30 pm.
- Drinks in Hell's kitchen were had first at Posh Bar and then some more boozing at Therapy.
Honey Bar - Chelsea
- Breakfast at Room Service Restaurant in Chelsea...really affordable, tasty food (for two breakfasts & 2 mimosas, the bill was under $24)...what a great find!
- Walked around Central Park to work off breakfast, and to make room for lunch (hot dogs, warm peanuts & a diet Pepsi)...I loves me some warm nuts!
- I wanted to feel like a big shit shot so we tried to get our afternoon drink on at the bar in the Park Plaza, but dammit, it's still closed due to renovations....so we sashayed on over to the Ritz-Carlton instead, for some white wine & some satay...this hotel is gorgeous...I want to stay here just for a night, but I'll have to steal someone's credit card first....I tried to snap a few pics in the restroom (which was bigger than our hotel room) but kept getting interrupted...if you're ever in the area, do yourself a favor & check out the restrooms...gorgeous!
- With my hotel hopping fetish in full swing, I wanted to check out the Hudson Hotel...we walked right past the front door, as you don't really notice it & there isn't any signage...I vote for having the next BBHH at their outdoor rooftop patio/bar...this hotel is uber chic/cool (like me!)
- Boy Blogger Happy Hour at XES @ 5:00 pm.....the highlight of my trip!
- The BBHH after party (Rey, Billy, Daryl, Les, & me) moved onto Barracuda and didn't end til around 2:00 am.
- Grabbed dinner at some pizza joint around 2:15 am....not good, I know, but the pizza was damn tasty (like me)!
Central Park - The Mall
The Star Lounge @ the Ritz Carlton
The Hudson Hotel - Registration area
The Hudson Hotel - Outdoor Bar
- Saw Hairspray at 2:00 pm....no time for lunch, so I literally shoved a corn dog in my mouth while waiting in line....and I can hear you all giggling!....I loved Hairspray...the best part was when Jim J Bullock lost it, during a song with the mother (played by Paul Vogt) and couldn't stop laughing...the audience went nuts! Lance Bass played Corny Collins and was actually pretty good (but then again, I'm easy to please.....mmmkay?)
- Spent some time window shopping 5th Ave...I can't believe that Mexx (one of my favorite clothing stores in NY) has closed up shop in the U.S. (boo!)...for shits-n-giggles, we went into Bergdorf Goodman to giggle at the price tags...then I used their loo to take a dump...told you, shits-n-giggles!
- Walked right past Missy Elliot on 5th Ave, with her entourage carrying all of her bags from Fendi & Gucci....she was sporting jeans and a turquoise blue sequined hoody (hood over her head) with a lollipop in mouth.
- Checked out the Top of the Rock at dusk...we were there at the best time with perfect weather.
- Dinner at Colas in Chelsea...great Italian food at very reasonable prices.
- Disco napped before heading out to the East Village to go bar hopping with Rey where we checked out: Urge (the go-go boys here are yummy!), Boysroom (saw Cazwell), Phoenix, and then Nowhere Bar (loved the 80's music they were playing)...then we grabbed a bite to eat (cheeseburger) and got back to the hotel just before 5:00 am!!!
- Overslept again & almost missed checkout....had to cancel brunch plans with Rey, but will have to make it up to him someday.
- Packed like a madman & had a car drive me to the airport to take me back to reality...boo!